Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sabot Family Scramble

Mission Bay Yacht Club (San Diego) holds an annual Sabot Family Scramble.  My son & his family sail Sabots (well the grandkids mainly sail the Sabots).  These are small boats, 8' x 3'9" -- hard for an adult to sail & be scrunched up in this space for any length of time!

The Family Scramble was fun, my daughter-in-law Barb shared a boat with Shane (7 year old) and my son, David, shared a boat with Cole (9 year old).   All the kids sailed the course first, then back at the dock passed the boat over to the parent.  The parents had a longer course to sail, then this was repeated 3 times, kids/adults.   I'm posting photos of Cole & Shane in their boats.

Cole 

Shane 

















Congratulations boys, great racing.  It was Shane's very first regatta sailing on his own & he did well.   Cole won his division, he's the veteran of 3 or 4 regattas now.

I was in a kayak for part of the race with my 5-year-old granddaughter, Paige, paddling while I took some photos!   She did well & kept both of us (& my camera) dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!