Saturday, May 16, 2015

Back to Rome ...

Via my photos, not another trip -- although I can see returning to Italy some day.

My last day in Rome I signed up for a bus tour to Tivoli and the UNESCO gardens.  Our first stop was at Hadrian's Villa, archaeological ruins of   Hadrian's Gardens and estate.

I was overwhelmed being there, trying to imagine what it was like when it was built and people living and playing there.  The rain didn't stop our group, nor many other groups, from enjoying the estate.  It helped that we had a very knowledgeable guide (Art Historian & archeologist) with a good sense of humor and strong voice.  
One of the ponds

Overview of just one area of the estate

Closer view of interior wall

Olive trees with a view 


 

1 comment:

  1. These are just beautiful Judy. The last one of the tree is my fave. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!