Thursday, November 21, 2013

Reflected light in the garden ...



























My backyard is east-facing and I love to watch the sunrise.  A few days ago was a "bonus" day --  I noticed that due to the low angle of the sun, light was reflected from the sliding glass doors behind me, onto the front of the  plants.



The bright intense colors of the succulents is due to the reflected sunlight.  It's real -- they were not Photoshopped!

The front plant is an Aeonium sunburst, taller plant is Euphorbia tirucalli "Sticks of Fire"

Love this time of day!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.

    I saw your comment on another blog about a postcard app. I'd be interested to know which one you use. There are a number out there and I'd rather have one that is recommended. Thanks. (You can also find me at chittlechattle.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for emailing. I'm so glad you posted your web site, I've just started exploring & looking forward to reading more.
    The postcard app for my iPhone is listed as "SnapShot Postcard". I checked in the App store. You just set up an account, prepay for whatever dollar amount you want (& easy to add more) and start using it. I've used it from different locations in the US & also Paris & London & no problems. Fun app!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!