Saturday, July 27, 2013

From the cool coast to the hot inland

I left Crescent City this morning with an extra shirt on to keep warm in the 51 degree temps.  Later in the day as I drove east through Whiskeytown area toward Redding I was hit with 105 degree temps.  Phew!  I was almost ready to turn back and return to the coast   ;)

Along the way I was lucky enough to see elks at the  Prairie Creek Redwoods .  Incredibly beautiful with huge redwoods and lovely meadows.  I still can't believe I saw the elks!

Driving east, I ended up in Redding around 5-ish and went right to the Sundial Bridge.  I've seen a lot of photographs of it over the years and always wanted to take my own.  Here's two from the evening session.   I'm going back tomorrow morning too, because I just realized I don't have an overall shot of the bridge.
Abstract section of bridge

Top of the bridge

1 comment:

  1. How cool to see the elk! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bridge shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!