Monday, July 22, 2013

2013 Oregon Road Trip

I have lots of catching up to do here.  I left Redwood City a week ago after a fun visit with Mike & Cat & girls there.  Heading north I stopped at Arcata & enjoyed that drive, especially through the beautiful redwood trees.   Heading north again, my  first stop  in Oregon was at Susan & Earl's home on the Umpqua River.  I'll post photos in a later blog post of that stay.

Second stop is Waldport OR at  Carol  & Chris' home.  

We spent yesterday at Newport exploring the waterfront:  my kinda day with good company, waterfront sights & smells, and lots of photo opportunities along the way.    After walking all day, we ended up at the new  Maritime Museum .  It was fun seeing all the exhibits at the new Museum.   At that point we were back down on the street &  I realized I had to walk all the way back to the car.   Chris gallantly offered to get the car (guess he figured that was better than carrying me all the way back).   Thanks Chris!    

This morning we made another trip up to Newport early in the morning to photograph the crab pots.  
Here I am in Newport.  Thanks Carol for taking my photo.  

Crab pots -- love the colors & textures.

Great colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!