Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home !

I just arrived home today from a week in Paris and a second week in London.  Paris was a photography workshop with Valerie Jardin.   I've been following her blog for a year or so and when she announced her first Paris workshop, I signed up!   Initially she set up a FaceBook account for the participants, so we had a few months of sharing and when we met in Paris, it was like meeting old friends.  Our "home" while in Paris was at the lovely Hotel du Pantheon, walking distance to the Jardin de Luxembourg and close to many wonderful restaurants.   

This first photograph was taken in my room.  
The "wallpaper" is actually fabric.  
I couldn't have asked for a nicer room.   I was on the third floor  (with an elevator) but some mornings walked up & down.   At the end of the day (after walking miles) I definitely used the elevator.




This is a view from the 6th floor looking down to the ground floor. 



More photographs coming ... as soon as I finish unpacking & do the laundry.    

2 comments:

  1. Love these two photos, especially the stairwell. Welcome home, madam! Good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! I especially LOVE the stairwell. Very eye satisfying. It sounds like such a lovely trip with new photo friends. Looking forward to seeing more glimpses of the sights there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!