Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More photos from the outing on the Californian



My current assignment from Carol Leigh's Photo Montage class was to take a photograph and convert it to look like an old postcard.   Even with these photos of the old sailing ships, it was a bit difficult to get the correct filters for this look.

The first photo was taken of the s/v Americana as she was approaching Pt. Loma.  You can see the light house on the point.   I had to clone out modern sailboats and a few towers on land to get the old postcard feel, then played a bit with filters for this look.




The second photo was taken while the crew were climbing up to furl the topsails.  Pretty exciting to watch them easily scramble up the rope ladder.  I used filters to create the sepia look.

Fun assignment, especially because of my sail Sunday on the Californian.  



For more information on all the ships operated by the Maritime Museum , just follow the link.  

2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment to you on FB but will comment here as well because I think both these photos are beautifully done and do look "old fashioned." The ship photo looks to me like a color plate from an old history book on sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool, Judy! I have yet to do my postcard assignment and I'm very impressed with the "look" you have created here. Love the crew climbing up...great job!
    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!