Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Brushing off the cobwebs ...

I realized that I haven't been posting many of my current photos, and I can't believe my last blog post was in April.  I decided to post some of my favorite photos from the past few months, but won't overload you all at once, just  a few here and there.

Last month,  Terry Myers and I did a fantastic weekend workshop with Keith Douglas Skelton in Tonopah NV.   On the way up we stopped at the Amargosa Opera House, (Death Valley Junction)  and had a look inside at the beautiful paintings Marta Beckett has done.   If you don't know the history, be sure and click on the link above.  She's an amazing woman, and although not performing anymore, still lives on the property.  It is still visited by people from all over the world, and we were told that the day before we stopped by, they had two busloads of folks (about 90 people total) who came for a visit.  

Angels all around us.
Ceiling of Opera House
Stage
The back of the Opera House.  The story told goes back
to when she first bought the property, started performing her dance, but no one came to watch.
She decided to paint the audience on the walls, and what you see in this photo apparently was from the early days.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!