Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Birthday celebrations ...

Before posting any photos from my Nova Scotia trip (they are coming ... )  I wanted to share a bit about part of  my birthday celebration.  It was 9/8, the day before leaving for Nova Scotia.

It started with a telephone call from David duChemin -- Yes! "that"   David duChemin    
I was lucky enough to win an hour consultation with him simply by purchasing one of his eBooks that I wanted (Making the Image).  The purchase entered me into a drawing & I won!    I've followed his work for many years via his blogs, photographs and books, and continue to greatly admire his work and philosophy.  

So, to have his time and attention for one hour -- overwhelming &  amazing!   The process prior to the phone call was a lesson in itself, forcing me to take a hard look on my photographs, culling out just eight  that I wanted him to critique, then thinking about goals for my photography.  This is probably something I should do annually anyway, but have never really taken the time.  Nothing like pressure from a phone call!   I'm still processing the information, and luckily was sent an audio recording of his comments so I can listen to our conversation when I need direction in my photography.  What a way to start my birthday!  

Thank you David duChemin for the gift of your time and knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!