Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sculptures on Harbor Drive

While walking back and forth from the Maritime Museum to the docks where the Mexican vessel was, I passed by these sculptures.  They've been in place for years & I've seen them before, but this is the first time I've taken the time to photograph them.

"Green Fire" 




"Green Fire" by Robert Varhees (2006)  Port of San Diego Tidelands Collection.

I went to their web site & apparently there are/were 30+ of these sculpture pieces along Harbor Drive.  I'll have to be more observant, because I've just seen 4 of them.  
"Orange Tree"

"Fish Tree" 










"Orange Tree" sculpture by Guy & Ellen Mayenobe (2007)

and the "Fish Tree" by Zbigniew"Ben" Pinget & Toby Flores (2005).


They are surrounded today by construction fences & hard to really appreciate.  Hopefully when the construction is finished, they'll be polished up a bit and everyone will be able to see them.  Can you spot the moon in each of these?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!