Friday, January 3, 2014

This morning in my garden




The fire sticks (foreground) are loving the cold nights, Aloes (yellow spikes) are blooming and don't seem to mind the cold nights.   Look past them & you'll see the Agave Americana with red Christmas bulbs on the ends.  I'm thinking I'll leave them up for a bit, they make me smile.

I won't show the photo of what is left of the beautiful Aeonium Zwertkopf that something trashed last night.   Looks like it was cut with a knife about 6" above ground.   I'm ready to sit up all night with a baseball bat & protect the two that are left.    I've seen small bunnies in the yard, plus one large raccoon.   The bunnies are smaller than the plant, and I have a hard time believing they would chomp it off, but then I can't believe a raccoon would be interested in it either.  
Any ideas?  I'm so bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!