Friday, December 27, 2013

More whale watching photos

More whale watching photos from our afternoon with Adventure R.I.B. Rides.   Cap'n Ray told us that the gray whale has two blowholes (vs the humpback with one).  Their spout (or blow) can reach up to 15 feet, and their blow is heart-shaped!     I really felt lucky to have captured one of the blows at the right time to show the heart-shape.   Didn't realize it until I saw it on my computer screen.  So very  happy to have this photo!

















Disclaimer:  This heart-shaped "blow" was NOT Photoshopped.  I just cropped the photo & sharpened a bit, but nothing else was changed.

As we headed back in, we cruised by the bait barge & saw the sea lions & birds hanging out.  Grabbed this photo of the pelican as it was thermoregulating  -- follow the link for  more info about this behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!