Monday, May 20, 2013

Hawaii -- The Big Island







Here I am, soaking up the sun on the beach!  (If my dermatologist is reading, NOT!)   Kerrie & I were on the beach in front our hotel in Kona.





That calm water was just waiting for us ... with a borrowed underwater camera (thanks Dave & Barb) I was able to take a few photos during my  snorkeling experience here.  We were on the beach in front of our hotel & I was comfortable entering the water (it's been a year since I was snorkeling so this was perfect -- no waves, no volcanic stones, just a nice sandy beach) and I took the camera.  Initially I dropped it, but quickly found it (phew!).   Snapped a LOT of photos, but ended up with just these two I was happy with.  The snorkeling was terrific, waters warm, lots to see.  99% of my photos didn't turn out, but I was happy with these.   Maybe I should take up Scuba in order to take great photos.  Nancy, Bill & Susan:  what do you think?????  

That's me!!!!!

Yellow tangs.  The photo doesn't show the numbers I saw.  Gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun adventure! And I love the yellow tangs...seems like they've formed a little circle for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!