Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Photos from London

Hoddesdon Parish Church




One of the highlights of being in London (besides hanging out with my cousin Tricia) was being able to visit the church where my maternal grandparents were married 108 years ago.   Tricia's grandmother was in the wedding party and listed on the wedding certificate as a witness.   It was a very emotional experience, knowing that our grandmother's stood in this same church that long ago.   The Vicar's wife said that the pews were the same then as they are now.  The church was originally built in 1732.

2 comments:

  1. Gives me chills just seeing your words...how thrilling and nostalgic. Glad you had such a fantastic time. Loved your photos, Ms. Photo Journalist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat for your comments. It was thrilling to be standing in the church where they were married, still have to pinch myself to be sure I was really there ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!