Saturday, July 7, 2012

Marston House, Balboa Park




Pottery and phone 
Ice box.  
 






































My friend Yoli & I went on a tour of the Marston House and gardens today.   It's a beautiful home built in 1905 for George and Anna Gunn  Marston.   Style 1900 magazine named it one of the 25 most important Arts & Crafts buildings in the US.  For more info be sure to follow the link above.  


 I took a few iPhone photos today, all handheld and with natural lighting (no flash allowed).  Mr. Marston was quite an inventive man and lots of details in the house were his ideas.  The gardens are beautiful too.     Lunch afterwards at the Sculpture Park cafe was great.   

1 comment:

  1. Those last two photos do a great job taking us back in time. I really like the shadow of the vase on the wood wall. Makes it a composition of three, as I see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!