Sunday, March 4, 2012

Company last week

Little Italy area, no yellow submarines, just this yellow car
in front of a very yellow building.  




A friend from Portland was here last week for a visit -- Linda is also a photographer and has also taken many classes from Carol Leigh.

We planned outings each day to different parts of town.  I decided to set up a challenge and  used only my iPhone as my camera.  I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of shots I was able to get.   These are just a few.  Some are straight shots, however, the yellow car was taken with the  Hipstamatic app.  Enjoy!
I love shooting reflections in buildings.  

Self portrait  ;-)

That's Linda on the left.  We met another photographer from Carol Leigh's classes who lives in SD -- that's Fay on the right.  We had a great time in Balboa Park on Wednesday, with a wonderful lunch at the Prado restaurant.  

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I love seeing these photos from our jauntings around the city! The Yellow Car Hipstamatic pic is terrific! I certainly didn't see it that way when we were standing there. I guess that old parable about the five blind men and an elephant is true. Have been itching to take a good look at my photos from the trip but have been catching up with a million details since getting back. I'll post some soon. Great self portrait, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!